Have you ever wondered what the top request by home buyers or tenants is when looking at a home? Maybe it’s great curb appeal or new stainless steel appliances. Perhaps it’s a garage or a swimming pool?
Not so, according to HGTV. According to Home and Garden Television, the number one request is hardwood flooring. A USA Today article using data from the National Association of REALTORS® found 54% of home buyers were willing to pay more for hardwood floors.
Here are some of the reasons why this may be:
- Hardwood floors add long-lasting warmth and beauty to any home interior. There’s something to be said when you walk into a room and see a gleaming hardwood floor.
- They’re durable and easy to clean and maintain.
- Have allergies? Having hardwood floors can help. The hard surface doesn’t hold dirt, which helps cut down on the amount of dust and other contaminants for people who suffer from allergies.
- Traditional hardwood flooring is available in many colors and species. Oak is among the most common in the region, but with so many options, you’re guaranteed to find a wood that suits your home’s look and feel. Maple, Hickory and Brazilian Cherry are some other popular options.
- While some flooring may need to be replaced when damaged or as it nears the end of its lifespan, hardwood can be re-sanded and refinished to restore its luster.
While these are all wonderful reasons for selecting hardwood flooring, all is not lost if purchasing hardwood floors doesn’t fit into your budget just now.
Engineered hardwood is a more cost friendly option. Engineered wood is hardwood flooring that has been reinforced with multiple ply layers that are cross layered, glued and pressed together to provide extra protection, especially in high moisture areas. Benefits of this structurally sound wood include durability and the ability to be installed in basements, as well as concrete flooring or below-grade installations. This wood will not buckle, gap or cup. It’s available in all the traditional offerings such as Oak, Cherry, Birch, etc.
Have any questions or want to check out your options in person? Visit one of Next Day Floor’s flooring stores or give us a call at 1-800-916-6112.